01-06-2017, 07:54 PM
JuanC Wrote:New to the 6.5 Grendel cartridge and plan on building a upper for hunting. Currently have a Mega arms matching receiver set with ba 223 wylde barrel. From what I've been reading the only parts needed to convert is the barrel and a bolt. I'm going to build a dedicated upper using a Mega Billet upper but I'm needing suggestions for barrel. Plan on hunting deer and hogs out to maybe 350 yards top. What length barrel and manufacturer would you recommend? Im wanting light so was thinking 16" barrel but want to make sure bullet expansion wassn't a probem. Thanks in advance.
There are several good manufacturers out there. For a first build with the Criteria you described I would go with the Alexander Arms 16" lite barrel. It has a SAAMI chamber and you can use their bolt with it. That will have plenty of punch out to the distance you describe and further and will also be light weight to carry around. The only negative is that you will have to join the waiting list to get it. If you have to have something right away or at least in the next few weeks the list becomes much shorter.

