Howa 20" mini action first impressions
#15
I thought of that. It was 30 degrees. I pulled one bullet to peek inside, and it had a ball powder like I expected. Ball powders do tend to be more temp-sensitive. A gain of 1 fps per 1 degree is pretty normal, which would result in 2480 or so in prime summer conditions. Figure 25 fps per inch of barrel dropping from 24" to 20", and maybe 2420 is right where it was supposed to be.

I bought the ammo to get the brass, since loaded ammo was pretty much the same price. I'm looking forward to load development this spring/summer.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Howa 20" mini action first impressions - by Kilco - 11-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Howa 20" mini action first impressions - by Kilco - 11-27-2016, 01:26 AM
Howa 20" mini action first impressions - by Kilco - 12-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Howa 20" mini action first impressions - by jason miller - 12-26-2016, 07:30 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)