Beerswimmer Wrote:Anyone have a guesstimate on the weight of one? I am considering purchasing a bolt action in 6.5 G for a super lightweight mountain style rifle, but it needs to have a synthetic stock.
It will be very close to 6.5lbs (the other cz 527 Americans with a 22 inch barrels are 6.4lbs) HS precision make a synthetic stock for them but I don't know how much that weighs.
The Howa mini with the 22inch barrel is about 5.7lbs - with a VX-3 4-14×40 cds, 20 moa rail and leupold rings mine weighs 7.4lbs. The barrel on mine seems slow though - I can only get 2540fps from it with 28.5gr of 8208 and a 123gr amax before seeing pressure signs? I might try backing the bullet further from the lands and stoking it up a little.
Accuracy is pretty good at 0.6 to 0.8moa after relieving the barrel channel. The trigger is too heavy for precision stuff though IMO - mine is getting lightened to 1.2lbs. Id be shocked if the CZ wasn't at least as accurate

