12-05-2016, 07:50 AM
I'm looking at this barrel here DoubleStar - 20" 6.5 Grendel Heavy Barrel W/6.5 Bolt https://jtdistributing.com/store/ar976.html
Can anyone give me any info on these barrels? Twist: 1:9, wouldn't a 1:8 be better?
Caliber: 6.5 Grendel Type II, I'm assuming by Type II they mean it has a .136 bolt face depth?
Another question, did Black Hole Weaponry get bought out or merge with another company?
http://columbiariverarms.com/configure-y...r-264-lbc/ it says & I quote "We originally made rifles with the standard head spacing (.125) which we called type 1 and a second head spacing (.135) only for the original Grendel which we called type II. Given the demand for standardization and lack of sales the type II head spacing has been dropped for 2017."
Would it be better to just go with a SAAMI spec barrel & avoid the Black Hole Weaponry "Type I"?
Whats the consensus on these barrels? https://secure.wf-api.com/www.precisionf...arrel.html
Can anyone recommend a decent barrel for around $350 or less?
Can anyone give me any info on these barrels? Twist: 1:9, wouldn't a 1:8 be better?
Caliber: 6.5 Grendel Type II, I'm assuming by Type II they mean it has a .136 bolt face depth?
Another question, did Black Hole Weaponry get bought out or merge with another company?
http://columbiariverarms.com/configure-y...r-264-lbc/ it says & I quote "We originally made rifles with the standard head spacing (.125) which we called type 1 and a second head spacing (.135) only for the original Grendel which we called type II. Given the demand for standardization and lack of sales the type II head spacing has been dropped for 2017."
Would it be better to just go with a SAAMI spec barrel & avoid the Black Hole Weaponry "Type I"?
Whats the consensus on these barrels? https://secure.wf-api.com/www.precisionf...arrel.html
Can anyone recommend a decent barrel for around $350 or less?

