11-03-2016, 04:02 AM
Talked to BHW today. They said that they've been seeing a problem with gas tubes being machined improperly, and covering part of the gas hole in the block. Took my rig apart and it did cover a very small part of it...but even then what was left is easily 2x or better the size of the gas orifice in the barrel lol. Regardless, I cleaned it up some. You can barely see it here:
![[Image: 20161102_161724.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161102_161724.jpg)
Needless to say, while I don't like it not lining up, I'm sure the 1/8" hole that's left isn't the problem.
![[Image: 20161102_162639.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161102_162639.jpg)
But I cleaned it up anyhow.
While I had it apart, I also blended and polished my feed ramps. While I was out this last time, I had two rounds jam up, and they literally locked right into the feed ramp (left side was the only one that would jam). The rounds were literally wedged into the little step that was there. I (of course), took a few pictures:
![[Image: 20161101_202102.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161101_202102.jpg)
This picture doesn't really show how bad it was...but for it to stop a round completely (particularly as slippery as the 6.5 lol), you can guess it was pretty bad.
![[Image: 20161101_204449.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161101_204449.jpg)
And after. Not too bad for my first time I think. The little dark spots are actually low spots...not steps. Either way it cycled a full mag by hand as fast as I could cycle it (before it would jam if I tried to cycle them too quickly)...so it did the job I think!
Anyway, I'm hoping to make it back out to do some more testing tomorrow or the next day. I'll TRY to bring my chronograph along this time lol. I know I keep saying that!...but it'll get done eventually.
![[Image: 20161102_161724.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161102_161724.jpg)
Needless to say, while I don't like it not lining up, I'm sure the 1/8" hole that's left isn't the problem.
![[Image: 20161102_162639.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161102_162639.jpg)
But I cleaned it up anyhow.
While I had it apart, I also blended and polished my feed ramps. While I was out this last time, I had two rounds jam up, and they literally locked right into the feed ramp (left side was the only one that would jam). The rounds were literally wedged into the little step that was there. I (of course), took a few pictures:
![[Image: 20161101_202102.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161101_202102.jpg)
This picture doesn't really show how bad it was...but for it to stop a round completely (particularly as slippery as the 6.5 lol), you can guess it was pretty bad.
![[Image: 20161101_204449.jpg]](http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/CrisAnderson27/Firearms/AR15/65%20Grendel/Pistol/20161101_204449.jpg)
And after. Not too bad for my first time I think. The little dark spots are actually low spots...not steps. Either way it cycled a full mag by hand as fast as I could cycle it (before it would jam if I tried to cycle them too quickly)...so it did the job I think!
Anyway, I'm hoping to make it back out to do some more testing tomorrow or the next day. I'll TRY to bring my chronograph along this time lol. I know I keep saying that!...but it'll get done eventually.

