Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ar tools ?
#14
Mindreader1 Wrote:Are there any vises that don't require bolting to a workbench (and punching holes in it) but instead use a clamp style to tighten the fit to the table?

you are speaking of a barrel vice right? this is the one I use. I have a black & decker workmate that I clamp it to. couple of C clamps is all it takes. I have a savage switchbarrel and change them around quite often. I wrap my barrel with a leather strap to protect it and give a better grip. they do make wooden vice blocks that will do the same.

I am sure someone will chime in with a homemade one in a minute. Nothing wrong with that either. I like mine because it is pretty.



http://www.pmatool.com/barrel-vise-by-viper/
Reply


Messages In This Thread
ar tools ? - by edinidaho - 10-12-2016, 06:26 PM
ar tools ? - by Flyguy11 - 10-12-2016, 06:57 PM
ar tools ? - by babue - 10-12-2016, 08:03 PM
ar tools ? - by edinidaho - 10-22-2016, 10:56 PM
ar tools ? - by Rickc - 10-22-2016, 11:18 PM
ar tools ? - by Flyguy11 - 10-23-2016, 12:09 AM
ar tools ? - by biodsl - 10-23-2016, 12:17 AM
ar tools ? - by Rickc - 10-23-2016, 01:56 AM
ar tools ? - by diddlyv - 10-23-2016, 06:09 AM
ar tools ? - by Rickc - 10-23-2016, 10:13 AM
ar tools ? - by Lakeray - 10-24-2016, 09:42 PM
ar tools ? - by LRRPF52 - 10-24-2016, 09:47 PM
ar tools ? - by Mindreader1 - 10-24-2016, 10:35 PM
ar tools ? - by Rickc - 10-24-2016, 11:51 PM
ar tools ? - by Josh - 10-28-2016, 12:27 PM
ar tools ? - by 37L1 - 10-28-2016, 12:44 PM
ar tools ? - by Klem - 10-29-2016, 10:02 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)