10-23-2016, 06:22 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 10:00 PM by CrisAnderson27.)
Hey there!
I'm using mags from Alexander Arms. I know they are supposed to be high quality, but the followers seem very loose. In addition, it is difficult to remove the rounds by hand. I have Pmags and hexmags for my 5.56 rifle, and I can slip the rounds out smoothly with average hand pressure (pushing them out like my hand is the bolt). These AA mags, the rounds feel like they're being mechanically held in. The process of pushing them out requires a ton of force comparably, and has a number of tactile mechanical 'stops' that I'm not quite sure what the source is. I've considered adjusting the lips of the retaining flaps upwards to see if that helps...but haven't messed with it yet. I have yet to check the gas block...though I plan on getting that done before shooting again (probably this afternoon). Still need to order the H2 buffer, too lol.
On the buffer tube, it's from a company called 'Guntec'. It's supposedly very good quality, though the price is definitely a bargain. I have a number of friends running them (on 5.56 builds of course), and they highly recommended them. I just took a look at the Phase 5 ( http://phase5wsi.com/ar-15-complete-pist...embly.html ) to see how long it was, and it says 7.4" OAL, which is the same as mine (measured from the buffer retention detent to the butt). Mil spec seems to be 7.25"...which is probably the inside tube length for both units.
All in all...I love the gun, and it seems to be getting better as I shoot it. I'm also still sure it's not 'right' though, and I'm not the type to settle until it is!
I'm using mags from Alexander Arms. I know they are supposed to be high quality, but the followers seem very loose. In addition, it is difficult to remove the rounds by hand. I have Pmags and hexmags for my 5.56 rifle, and I can slip the rounds out smoothly with average hand pressure (pushing them out like my hand is the bolt). These AA mags, the rounds feel like they're being mechanically held in. The process of pushing them out requires a ton of force comparably, and has a number of tactile mechanical 'stops' that I'm not quite sure what the source is. I've considered adjusting the lips of the retaining flaps upwards to see if that helps...but haven't messed with it yet. I have yet to check the gas block...though I plan on getting that done before shooting again (probably this afternoon). Still need to order the H2 buffer, too lol.
On the buffer tube, it's from a company called 'Guntec'. It's supposedly very good quality, though the price is definitely a bargain. I have a number of friends running them (on 5.56 builds of course), and they highly recommended them. I just took a look at the Phase 5 ( http://phase5wsi.com/ar-15-complete-pist...embly.html ) to see how long it was, and it says 7.4" OAL, which is the same as mine (measured from the buffer retention detent to the butt). Mil spec seems to be 7.25"...which is probably the inside tube length for both units.
All in all...I love the gun, and it seems to be getting better as I shoot it. I'm also still sure it's not 'right' though, and I'm not the type to settle until it is!

