rough chamber neck
#7
Well I thought I would do a little update on my rough chamber neck thread.

Work has been hell lately. Had to take over a project that was a.month behind schedule. 24/7 and the owner is moving.in Monday. Needless to say I haven't gone to the gun range lately

I did get the flexhone and polished up the chamber. Went to the gun range this morning and she functioned flawlessly. I even turned the gas off and you could easily cycle the action with the charging handle.

Started with 30 gr. of cfe223. Put 10 rounds down range checking function and playing with the gas block. Very pleased. I wasn't even trying for accuracy but those 10 shots were all within an inch and 5 were touching.

Shot 5 5 shot groups with charges from 30 to 31.2 gr. 30 and 30.3 were the best. Lots more load development to come. Take my crony next time. Seating depth test and might try the 8208 XBR.

Now this is an 18" lightweight I built for hogs and coyotes. Never intended it to be a precision rifle. Got plenty of them. They are too heavy to carry.

You guys were right abouto one thing. Those two scratches are on every piece of fired brass along with the usual dented case mouth. AR's are rough on brass.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
rough chamber neck - by Rickc - 09-23-2016, 12:29 PM
rough chamber neck - by NugginFutz - 09-23-2016, 02:25 PM
rough chamber neck - by A5BLASTER - 09-23-2016, 02:58 PM
rough chamber neck - by cory - 09-23-2016, 03:12 PM
rough chamber neck - by LRRPF52 - 09-23-2016, 03:13 PM
rough chamber neck - by ricsmall - 09-23-2016, 04:53 PM
rough chamber neck - by Rickc - 10-16-2016, 06:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)