09-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Thank you,
I was actually going to go with the round my buddy is using. 129g Nosler with 27.3 ish gr of IMR 8208. Of course I will have to see how it likes the barrel I choose. This isn't going to be a sub or near $1000.00 build, I've budgeted out $1700 for it so $195 for a barrel isn't going to be bad, and will allow me to splurge on a couple other components, maybe a Spikes Gen II billet lower (gotta love full ambi), or go and get it dipped.
So now the question is, Muzzle Device. I might just have to get a couple and see how I like them. Building a new gun for this hunt is going to be interesting. I might build it slower and not rush it so I use it for the next season and just pack up my 300WM again...
I was actually going to go with the round my buddy is using. 129g Nosler with 27.3 ish gr of IMR 8208. Of course I will have to see how it likes the barrel I choose. This isn't going to be a sub or near $1000.00 build, I've budgeted out $1700 for it so $195 for a barrel isn't going to be bad, and will allow me to splurge on a couple other components, maybe a Spikes Gen II billet lower (gotta love full ambi), or go and get it dipped.
So now the question is, Muzzle Device. I might just have to get a couple and see how I like them. Building a new gun for this hunt is going to be interesting. I might build it slower and not rush it so I use it for the next season and just pack up my 300WM again...

