Klem Wrote:Hi, and welcome.
I wouldn't buy most of those parts, including the slick side upper. No offense but you did ask us to be critical. Looking on the upper website I have never heard of a 'mid spec throat' and doubt very much if it will 'increase accuracy' over a standard SAAMI chamber. You get what you pay for in this game with few exceptions. Although the incremental improvements you get at the expensive end is like the Law of Diminishing Returns.
No offense taken.
However I see nothing on the upper site mentioning 'mid spec throat'
I think you're referring to my barrel and It's too late for me to return the barrel and as I said earlier I'm stuck and had no idea there was a firestorm here with said barrel maker.
I just want the most accurate hunting AR at reasonable cost. I also don't see a need for a forward assist on a hunting rifle especially in my state where I have to use a 5 shot mag or less. Hopefully I only need one shot. And taking off unneeded weight is important to me.
I have a .300 Mag bolt rifle which is somewhat overkill for whitetail. I have been wanting an AR for a while, and in this political climate don't know their future so I decided to jump on board.

