08-09-2016, 09:13 PM
montana Wrote:It was meant as a compliment Gene, not an insult. Moderating is a difficult job like refereeing. Referees have to be in the middle of fights ,"debates" with everyone trying to find fault with the referee especially when emotions fly. You do a great job moderating and the quality of this forum is the outcome. You have set me on the right course many times with complete fairness and professionalism. There was no insult or derogatory intent what so ever on my part. I apologize for the confusion. If I had a beef with you it would be sent on a PM where we could hash it out. I hope you will accept my apology as sending an insult your way was the last thing I intended to do.
Montana:
Absolutely accepted. For the others here, Montana and I have worked out our differences back channel a couple of times and I both enjoy our conversations and have garnered a huge amount of respect for him and his accomplishments. He is a quality person.
So, I was 'gobsmacked' as Kelm would probably say, when I read his post this morning. Just didn't get to respond until now.
However, it didn't keep me from having a good work out then a fantastic training session at the range. While at the range I realized that what he said was actually pretty funny but didn't get a chance to say so until now. Not sure what would have happened if my training didn't go as well.... No, I enjoy my competitions and sports but unlike the fellows Montana and Klem wrote about, success or failure in my sports does not dictate my quality of life. Been there and done that one. Take heed those of you who are highly competitive. Particularly in marksmanship. It can be of great benefit in your lives or it can destroy your lives.
So, lets get back on a marksmanship topic again please.
LR55
