If I were looking for a load for a pistol I'd load some Nosler 100 grain Ballistic Tip hunting bullets or Nosler 100 grain Partitions. I'd try shooting them into gallon jugs of water at 50 to 100 yards to see if you get any expansion. I have bought some 100 grain A-Max to try and plan on testing them in water. The 85 grain, 100 grain Sierra varmint, 95 grain V-Max and 90 grain Speer TNT shoot good in the 6.5 Grendel. These bullets are more frangiable than the Noslers but still get pretty good penetration in water where I wouldn't hesitate using them for defense
I really like the Nosler 100 grain BT, very accurate bullet and in my test held together good in water out of my 16" 6.5 Grendel. I shot a good size water melon with the 100 grain Nosler BT and the results were pretty impressive.
If your wanting a deeper penetrating bullet I checked and the Nosler 100 grain Partition has a minimum recommended velocity of 1800 FPS.
I really like the Nosler 100 grain BT, very accurate bullet and in my test held together good in water out of my 16" 6.5 Grendel. I shot a good size water melon with the 100 grain Nosler BT and the results were pretty impressive.
If your wanting a deeper penetrating bullet I checked and the Nosler 100 grain Partition has a minimum recommended velocity of 1800 FPS.

