6.5 Grendel Match reamer
#11
If you're building on that action I personally would have a reamer cut with matching throat to the bullet I intended to use the most. Load up dummy rounds with the 140 gr and 123 or 130 gr of your choice and make a compromise to fit both or fit to the load you would be set on using. If hunting I would go with .295 neck. If strictly paper punching I would go with tightest no turn neck I could get. No turn because I don't like having that extra step.

Having said that, my personal bolt Grendel I built is saami chambered so I can start my son out with 100 grain pills and still move up to the 130 ar hybrid at some point. I'll never shoot 140's as I have a 260 AI for that. Hope this helps your decision.
I'm not disputing these other opinions, but if you are gonna be set on using one or two pills you don't need the versatility of the compound throat, and if you're not gonna have the compound throat you need to go with tighter neck to help with alignment.

Richard
Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack
Reply


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by AlaF - 07-13-2016, 12:19 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by JASmith - 07-13-2016, 03:16 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by bwaites - 07-13-2016, 05:53 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by cory - 07-13-2016, 06:16 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by AlaF - 07-13-2016, 08:25 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by ricsmall - 07-13-2016, 08:36 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by JASmith - 07-13-2016, 10:03 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by am4966 - 07-13-2016, 11:12 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by BjornF16 - 08-06-2016, 01:14 AM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by SDguy - 08-06-2016, 04:19 PM
6.5 Grendel Match reamer - by ricsmall - 08-06-2016, 06:07 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)