Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Titanium carrier
#8
The only reason I see not to do it is life threatening situation where supplies become limited and living conditions are compromised. So if TEOTWAWKI ever happens, just swap out to a spare full mass carrier and open up the gas block a few clicks. Then go spread freedom across the land. Only difference between my trigger and the one you want is the springs. Geissele will sell the other springs and it's a drop in to change.

The 1 grain tolerance is for 100 percent function. Beyond that is when it starts to get iffy. Example: If I setup the rifle tune at 29.5 grains of IMR 8608 for perfect 3'o clock ejection. I will get a 4:30ish, (under gas) ejection pattern at 29.0 grains of powder. Like wise if I go to 30.5 grains I get a over gas 2'o clock pattern. Still 100 percent functional, but that's the limit. Even severely over gassed it will still pick up the next round. It just out runs the mag hold open. I usually catches on the front of the carrier instead of the bolt face.

If you want to desensitize it more, you can swap the steel buffer weights in the JP buffer to the tungsten ones. That adds about 1oz to the reciprocating assembly I think, (don't have my kit in front of me) or about the same as a H2 carbine buffer. Then play with springs at that range. I think the way JP sets it up initially unless you get the builders kit, is steel weights and #2 spring, white painted end. This is suppose to be the equivalent of the A2 rifle setup. It really is very easy to tune

Regardless on what parts you do decided to go with. Seal the gas tube and gas block with lock-tite. It makes the system less sensitive and run cleaner.

David
A nice walk in the woods helps me relax and relieves tension....

The fact I'm dragging a shovel and a body should be irrelevant...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Titanium carrier - by realtreehunter - 07-24-2016, 11:42 PM
Titanium carrier - by VASCAR2 - 07-25-2016, 03:49 AM
Titanium carrier - by Slappy - 07-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Titanium carrier - by realtreehunter - 07-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Titanium carrier - by realtreehunter - 07-26-2016, 12:16 AM
Titanium carrier - by DRandi - 07-26-2016, 01:54 AM
Titanium carrier - by realtreehunter - 07-27-2016, 10:58 PM
Titanium carrier - by DRandi - 07-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Titanium carrier - by realtreehunter - 07-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Titanium carrier - by Rickc - 09-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Titanium carrier - by DRandi - 09-20-2016, 07:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)