07-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Nice shooting LRRP!!
danm, no real issues with the CMC. Hell, they are built about 10 mile from where I sit right now. Just a preference thing. They are similar to the POF.
s...cat, the SSA-E has a bit of creep between the first and second stage. On the DMR it is very easy to pull right through the first and second stages because there isn't any creep. I have been told this is done on purpose because it is supposed to be a "combat" trigger(?). My choice if I had to pick one would be the DMR because of the ease I can shoot it like a carbine should easier (read rapid) and also have the ability to use it as a 2-stage. If I am (to use LRRP's example) shooting really small things at distance then I may (actually did on my AR308 and AR 6.5 CM) switch to the SSA-E because there have been times when I pull too much on the DMR and go through the take up.
This kinda turned into a nice discussion!
danm, no real issues with the CMC. Hell, they are built about 10 mile from where I sit right now. Just a preference thing. They are similar to the POF.
s...cat, the SSA-E has a bit of creep between the first and second stage. On the DMR it is very easy to pull right through the first and second stages because there isn't any creep. I have been told this is done on purpose because it is supposed to be a "combat" trigger(?). My choice if I had to pick one would be the DMR because of the ease I can shoot it like a carbine should easier (read rapid) and also have the ability to use it as a 2-stage. If I am (to use LRRP's example) shooting really small things at distance then I may (actually did on my AR308 and AR 6.5 CM) switch to the SSA-E because there have been times when I pull too much on the DMR and go through the take up.
This kinda turned into a nice discussion!

