07-11-2016, 11:46 PM
oldbarnowl Wrote:How do you determine the hammer mass from any other manufacturer's trigger ?
Look at the hammer and see how big it is.
Timney's are the same way. They have excellent feel on the 3.5lb one, but the hammer is huge.
Large hammer mass pushes the receiver down and to the rear, since it is sprung.
Most shooters won't notice the difference, but for me, where I am trying to hit really small things at distance, I want every edge I can get.
Sniper Magazine did a really good article on this last year I think. Editor and contributors are all highly experienced guys, not wannabe types.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
