07-09-2016, 10:26 PM
If its going to be used for hunting where you will have to pack and or carry the rifle on sling, I wouldnt use a bull barrel are anything longer then 18 inches, this is just my thoughts.
I am use to packing a heavy bolt rifle one a 308 the other a 270, my first grendel had a Hbar 21 inch barrel and when weighted on a scale it was lighter then both my bolt guns but when walking and carrying my first grendel it felt just as or more heavyer then my bolt guns to me.
I belive it being due to the shape of the rifle.
Hope this info helps sir.
I am use to packing a heavy bolt rifle one a 308 the other a 270, my first grendel had a Hbar 21 inch barrel and when weighted on a scale it was lighter then both my bolt guns but when walking and carrying my first grendel it felt just as or more heavyer then my bolt guns to me.
I belive it being due to the shape of the rifle.
Hope this info helps sir.

