07-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I originally wanted to build a 308 AR for my first build, something similar to the KA M110 for precision shooting and maybe the occasional hunting trip. I was Feeling a little dissuaded by the fact that all parts are literally twice the price and the fact that parts compatibility seems to be a bit of a problem, then I discovered the 6.5 Grendel. 6.5 Grendel seems like it will accomplish most of the same goals while keeping build costs down and rifle weight down. I'm still looking to build something similar to the SASS off and aero upper and lower for hunting and precision shooting. The longest range around here seems to be 500 yards but I like to have the option to shoot further should I decide to drive a couple hours north and visit the bigger ranges. Right now I'm leaning toward the 20inch Odinworks barrel or the 20inch black hole barrel from Surplus Ammo, trying to keep the price around $300 and still hoping for sub-Moa. Any thoughts or Recomendations? This is my first AR build so I'm still a novice.

