Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block
#6
204 AR Wrote:I use that exact gas block on several builds because I don't like set screw blocks anymore. I actually noticed an accuracy difference when I took a set screw block off and put the yhm on. But, I modify that block with a set screw to make it adjustable. If you're handy with stuff like that, drill and tap for a #8 set screw through the side and right through the gas port hole. I install the gas tube first as you will go through the very bottom edge of it also.

The tricky part is getting the hole threaded deep enough. A blind hole tap to finish it would be great but haven't found one yet. And go slow and don't break the tap, I did that once and it's impossible to remove it.

I chose these because they did not break the bank and were not set screw (but non adjustable) as I read about an accuracy change when using set screw type gas blocks. Thought about if for a while and it did make sense if you are putting pressure directly onto any part of the barrel, to what amount I do not know.

Would you mind taking a few pics of your mod, I just want to make sure that what I am picturing in my head is exactly what you described. No hurry of course, it is as hot as hell here (looking @ 120F on Monday Sad) so building time for me.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by bob4432 - 06-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by mongoosesnipe - 06-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by am4966 - 06-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by bob4432 - 06-18-2016, 08:27 AM
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by 204 AR - 06-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by bob4432 - 06-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by 204 AR - 06-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Build-It-Yourself & Gas Block - by bob4432 - 06-18-2016, 09:49 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)