Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I know you want a tight upper to barrel connection, but is there too tight?
#1
I have a few spares laying around and one that I picked up is a BCM 'blem' and it is so tight I can't even get the barrel extension started. I added heat like they say with a hair dryer, to no avail. A friend recommended putting it in the oven @ 400F, but I am worried if it did fit, what would that do to the Loctite? I knew when I bought it that BCM said on their site that their uppers were tighter than others, but if I can't even get the extension started, well, how do I start?

Any tips on holding the upper to get it started would be appreciated and also what about the 400F oven, or even a 200F oven trip. My buddy figured putting the whole upper in the oven would allow the entire upper to expand, and not just parts like you would get with a heat gun.

I must say, I am wondering if this one is just too tight or is it a gem by being so tight?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Bob
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I know you want a tight upper to barrel connection, but is there too tight? - by bob4432 - 05-29-2016, 08:45 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)