03-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Gopher,
Nothing short of the Magnum and very large normal cartridges probably carries enough energy for ethical game kills at 800 yards. The Grendel with the most aerodynamic bullets will barely carry 500 lbs. energy to that limit, and most do not consider that sufficient.
I certainly would endorse the Shilen, but I wouldn't endorse considering the Grendel a game cartridge at 800 yards, and I love my Grendels!
OOPS, John beat me to it!
Nothing short of the Magnum and very large normal cartridges probably carries enough energy for ethical game kills at 800 yards. The Grendel with the most aerodynamic bullets will barely carry 500 lbs. energy to that limit, and most do not consider that sufficient.
I certainly would endorse the Shilen, but I wouldn't endorse considering the Grendel a game cartridge at 800 yards, and I love my Grendels!
OOPS, John beat me to it!
