Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First time Grendel buyer, need some pointers from experienced users please.
#4
I want to be able to make ethical kill shots out to 800. That's the goal anyways, but not have to carry around a 14lb .308, which I already have. The goal is around 8 lbs....hopefully under 9, with the full unit. I think I am going to go with the Shilen barrle, because I do expect a lot of performance out of my rifles. It's going to be my main deer blaster and I will have it for ever and ever so I'm willing to spend the extra few clams. I am very curious about penetration at those extended ranges. Time will tell though, and testing will be thorough when I get it built. The end goal is a Pelican 1750 case, with a 5.56, 6.5 and a .45 or .500 Beowolf upper nicely put in and of course my home-made lower. A box of pure beauty, I'm really thinking about that beowolf for a black bear gun. Anyways, getting off topic here.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
First time Grendel buyer, need some pointers from experienced users please. - by gophernuts - 03-31-2011, 11:18 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)