04-19-2016, 08:43 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2016, 08:46 AM by Cali-Coon-ass.)
Wow. This is my first post I think. That is almost like my rifle, at least what's bolted on. I didn't "build" mine, I heard about this caliber from a friend who has 3 he built. I had just bought a SCAR17 and was blown away by the out of the box sub MOA accuracy. Spent some time developing rounds for it and really was surprised and happy and for all I knew, done buying guns. Then the AA Overwatch uppers went on sale at Midway, and they were in stock, so no waiting. I bit and bought one, since they were GUARANTEED to have been test fired by AA at sub MOA or better! I also bought the reloading hand books, and some AA brass, (Hornady w/AA head stamp) and went to first putting some PPU through it just to see if it worked. I bolted on a S&W lower on it just to get it going. It has NO sights at all, so I took off the brand new Vortex Viper PST FFP 4x16x50 and bolted it on the new 6.5. The first day was about 60 PPU rounds and I was pleasantly surprised.
Next, I spring for the Geiselle Super SCAR for that rifle, and at the same time, (they were on sale at Primary Arms), sprung for the National Match adjustable trigger for the 6.5. WOW. What a difference in BOTH guns! I have this thing dialed where if you breathe on it holes go in whatever is in front of it so I have to be REAL carefull! Took my new loads out and put them all in the same hole. It didn't seem to matter which powder. AMAX 120s were all I could get that day at the local brick and mortar, so that is what I loaded. Unbelievable. I have never had such precision from anything I have ever shot before, and it is so easy! It just works!
Then I recently sprung for the new AA lower that is stamped "6.5 Grendel" just to be all AA and "authentic"... I moved the trigger into that lower, and was then stuck with what stock to add? I see lots of PRS, which are HEAVY, but then again, this thing is like tank artillary and very front heavy with that collapsing carbine stock on it, so I left the S&W alone and sprung for the UBR. Not as heavy, but really balanced out that weight lifting bar! Added a Harris, and a Magpul rail mounted sling loop and the associated Magpul convertable sling, which now QDs into the stock and Para Clips onto the rail, so I can jungle sling it tactical style, and I am not worried about it falling of. Yeah, it weighs a lot for a rifle that is supposed to be a light weight AR platform tack driver, but now I am looking at it as a long range sniper weapon. I loaded some Californicated lead free TTSXs. E-Tips soon to follow when they release them. The deer are VERY scared. Meanwhile, here is the steel plate man sized AR400 set up at 360 yards, and working up the loads at 100 yards:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7800[/ATTACH]
I'll get off my butt and submit pix of the completed rifle next.
Next, I spring for the Geiselle Super SCAR for that rifle, and at the same time, (they were on sale at Primary Arms), sprung for the National Match adjustable trigger for the 6.5. WOW. What a difference in BOTH guns! I have this thing dialed where if you breathe on it holes go in whatever is in front of it so I have to be REAL carefull! Took my new loads out and put them all in the same hole. It didn't seem to matter which powder. AMAX 120s were all I could get that day at the local brick and mortar, so that is what I loaded. Unbelievable. I have never had such precision from anything I have ever shot before, and it is so easy! It just works!
Then I recently sprung for the new AA lower that is stamped "6.5 Grendel" just to be all AA and "authentic"... I moved the trigger into that lower, and was then stuck with what stock to add? I see lots of PRS, which are HEAVY, but then again, this thing is like tank artillary and very front heavy with that collapsing carbine stock on it, so I left the S&W alone and sprung for the UBR. Not as heavy, but really balanced out that weight lifting bar! Added a Harris, and a Magpul rail mounted sling loop and the associated Magpul convertable sling, which now QDs into the stock and Para Clips onto the rail, so I can jungle sling it tactical style, and I am not worried about it falling of. Yeah, it weighs a lot for a rifle that is supposed to be a light weight AR platform tack driver, but now I am looking at it as a long range sniper weapon. I loaded some Californicated lead free TTSXs. E-Tips soon to follow when they release them. The deer are VERY scared. Meanwhile, here is the steel plate man sized AR400 set up at 360 yards, and working up the loads at 100 yards:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7800[/ATTACH]
I'll get off my butt and submit pix of the completed rifle next.

