Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine
#1
I ended up liking my 18" Grendel SPR so much I decided to build a 16" carbine.

The barrel is actually 15.5" as I had Adco Firearms cut off the 9/16x24 threads on the AA stainless button rifled 16" barrel and rethread 5/8x24. It's cool, since I have several registered SBR lowers. BCM M16 bolt carrier, Palmetto State Armory M4-type upper. The optic is a TA31H-68, which matches up pretty well with the Hornady 123gr Amax factory 6.5G ammo.

The magazine is a C-Products 6.8 25 rounder, and it works perfectly with 6.5G. I had ten of these mags Cerakoted FDE.

Still waiting on a rear backup sight; not a really big deal since I can't use it with the ACOG mounted anyway.

This one is handier and lighter than my SPR and is a hoot to shoot.

Here is the recce as currently configured. The GRSC 1-6x scope is well-matched to the rifle, especially with the extended eye relief and the nice FFP ranging reticle. I am looking forward to getting this configuration onto our silhouette range after deer season ends.

[Image: 65recce_900.jpg]


This is the original configuration.

[Image: 65_16risii.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by m796rider - 10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by LRRPF52 - 10-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by ss355 - 10-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by LRRPF52 - 10-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by Brodady - 10-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by LRRPF52 - 11-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by Grendel-Gene - 11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by LRRPF52 - 11-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Another Grendel joins the family: 16" carbine - by Varoum - 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)