Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First time Grendel buyer, need some pointers from experienced users please.
#1
This is my first post. My real name is Shawn, but you can call me gopher if you like. I'm looking to purchase an upper directly from Alexander Arms. I'm looking to the 19.5 AWS. My reason for buying one direct is that I get a military discount and money doesn't grown on trees for this guy. That being said, I'm buying a grendel to be accurate out to about 800 yds. But not be such a heavy bitch that I can't carry the damn thing around, hence why I'm getting a grendel and not another heavy barrel .308. I have a .308, I like it. But it's heavy. So the goal is keeping it under 9 lbs with the scope, grip-pod, and rifle. But I'm getting off topic. My main questions are these.

Is the shilen barrel a worthwhile upgrade for 150 bucks?
What kind of accuracy can I expect out of an this AA upper?
Accuracy with the 19.5 in barrel?
Quality of the AA uppers?

This is going to be my go to gun for North Dakota deer, and Antelope of Eastern Montana. I need the range. Thanks for the help guys and gals...look forward to more posts on this forum.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
First time Grendel buyer, need some pointers from experienced users please. - by gophernuts - 03-31-2011, 04:39 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)