Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
starting first build
#2
First, good luck with your build.

LBC= Les Baer Custom. There's a whole long story about Les and many others starting out with the SAAMI spec. chamber and then changing it to either not follow the trademarked specs. or thinking the new chamber would be more accurate.
My first 6.5 Grendel rifle was a Les Baer original chamber back in 2006 or 2007( when I first joined this forum). I've had several 6.5 Grendels since in various configurations and have yet to see a demonstrable improvement in accuracy with anything other than the SAAMI spec. chamber. In fact, through the years on this forum, I've read of multitudes of people having issues with barrels chambered in anything other than the SAAMI spec. chamber.
Les Baer now uses a tighter neck dimension of .295 instead of the .300 in the SAAMI spec. chamber.
If you hadn't bought your barrel already, I would have recommended you stay with the SAAMI spec. chamber and the AA bolt with the correct depth of .136.

As it is, I'm not sure if Odin Works uses the SAAMI spec. chamber or the best bolt( Alexander Arms).

Sorry if any of this is bad news for you and again Good Luck with your build.

Lee
Reply


Messages In This Thread
starting first build - by msmall1371 - 03-30-2016, 05:38 PM
starting first build - by leopard6.5 - 03-30-2016, 06:30 PM
starting first build - by A5BLASTER - 03-30-2016, 07:02 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)