Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best lower for a precision BBL build
#13
mongoosesnipe Wrote:it does affect accuracy but since the sights are on the upper it doesn't have as much affect as you would think

Aren't sights on the "uppers" of pretty much all rifles? I have a JP adjustable pin, so mine is nice and snug. Personally I feel every bit of looseness has an impact on accuracy.

I simply do not understand how the AR upper group is any different than a bolt gun upper group or pretty much any other rifle. I am hard pressed to think of a rifle where the sights are somewhere other.

mongoosesnipe Wrote:since most of the time the barrel is free floated you don't have to worry about contact points causing stress which is the principal reason for bedding in most rifles

I have never heard that as a reason for bedding.



In any event, back on topic: My LMT Defender 2000 lower had some slop with the LMT upper, but my newly built grendel upper with Mega Billet upper is nice and snug (even before using the JP pin)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Best lower for a precision BBL build - by LRRPF52 - 03-17-2016, 01:14 AM
Best lower for a precision BBL build - by am4966 - 03-17-2016, 01:31 AM
Best lower for a precision BBL build - by 454bore - 03-17-2016, 09:55 PM
Best lower for a precision BBL build - by LRRPF52 - 03-20-2016, 04:14 AM
Best lower for a precision BBL build - by Maplebacon - 03-21-2016, 12:42 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)