Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Odin Gunworks barrel owners...........feedback?
#4
I would stick with the brands that this forum knows well. From bolt design to reamers used to make the chambers in the barrels are known issues and differences from one manufacturer to the next over the years. Bill Alexander (Alexander Arms) is the godfather of the 6.5 Grendel and has extensive R&D on the round and because of all this we now have a SAAMI spec for this round. But during that time you have other manufacturers that brought confusion by coming out with Type I and Type II bolts and not following the same dimensions on the chamber as with Bill had. To the best of my knowledge some of this confusion was brought about with Les Bauer and Black Hole Weaponry.

I just checked the Odin website. They label the barrel as a 6.5 Grendel/LBC barrel. LBC being Les Baer Custom. They don't specify that the SAAMI spec chamber is used. I believe Les Baer used a slightly different chamber dimension. They bolt face depth will be correct as it is called a Type 2. But adding the LBC to the description of the barrel makes suspect that the SAAMI spec reamer is not used.

So this group has a lot of knowledge and experience through the years and they typically steer you to manufacturers that are using SAAMI spec chambers and bolts that are similar to the Alexander design.

Now maybe Odin is doing this as well, I have no idea. I'm just giving a very summarized history to show that there has been confusion in the past.

There are several go to companies that these guys suggest:

Alexander Arms
Precision Firearms
JP Enterprises

Just to name a few.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Odin Gunworks barrel owners...........feedback? - by Keep The Change - 03-16-2016, 03:39 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)