Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Spinta precision ar parts review
#1
I was on a tight, I mean tight budget since I'm building our house myself. I got clearance from the war department to build my long wanted grendel. On a whim I bought a 1:9 twist 20" medium heavy barrel and bcg from Spinta. The package came in a week. The finish was an excellent gray park job, muzzle threads were well done and concentric ...I'm a fairly experienced machinist. I couldn't detect any runout. The bore was well executed. Rifling was sharp and shiny. No chips or burrs at the gas hole. Barrel extension was a tight fit in the receiver. Had to tap it in. The chamber is very tight, id venture to say its a min spec. Bolt and carrier had a nice tight feel and the finish was a dark park looking but smoother. It cleaned up easy. I shot about 40 rounds of factory Hornady 123gr Amax. So far it's best 5 shot was about .75 inch group. It shows a lot of promise though. I've gotten many 3 shot groups touching then a slight flyer. Still breaking it in but at the princely sum of 169.00 for the barrel and 99.00 for a complete bcg I'll never gripe. Now I have some brass I'm working up some handloads.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Spinta precision ar parts review - by longshooter67 - 03-13-2016, 12:01 AM
Spinta precision ar parts review - by Bombtech - 03-16-2016, 04:20 AM
Spinta precision ar parts review - by LRRPF52 - 03-16-2016, 05:34 AM
Spinta precision ar parts review - by LRRPF52 - 03-20-2016, 01:24 AM
Spinta precision ar parts review - by SG4247 - 04-10-2016, 04:36 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)