I will take the side of buying.
I fix and rebuild cars for a living. I am a one man paint and body shop; I do it all. There is no doubt I could build an ar and it might shoot and run as well as a store bought gun. However, if it doesn't I will be right here on the net searching for a solution. I don't have time for that.
When I find something that works I tend to stick with it. I have two ALexander Arms guns and two Precision Firearms. If I need a part I know exactly where to go for it and there will be no confusion about what chamber or bolt I need. That alone is worth a few bucks to me.
To save money my best advise is to be patient and watch the classified adds. I have only bought one new Grendel (PF)and I have almost as much in it as I have in the first two (AA)I bought. However, the best valued rifle I have is the PF Ibought used. My point is the cheapest one isn't always the best value.
From the length of this post, you can tell it slow in the shop right now.
I fix and rebuild cars for a living. I am a one man paint and body shop; I do it all. There is no doubt I could build an ar and it might shoot and run as well as a store bought gun. However, if it doesn't I will be right here on the net searching for a solution. I don't have time for that.
When I find something that works I tend to stick with it. I have two ALexander Arms guns and two Precision Firearms. If I need a part I know exactly where to go for it and there will be no confusion about what chamber or bolt I need. That alone is worth a few bucks to me.
To save money my best advise is to be patient and watch the classified adds. I have only bought one new Grendel (PF)and I have almost as much in it as I have in the first two (AA)I bought. However, the best valued rifle I have is the PF Ibought used. My point is the cheapest one isn't always the best value.
From the length of this post, you can tell it slow in the shop right now.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.
Mark Twain
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Mark Twain
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail

