Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel, crown or thread?
#9
I know that if I don't plan to suppress, and razors edge accuracy and consistency are my goals, I would suggest a simple target crown. Muzzle breaks are great and have their purpose, but the noise is cumbersome when hunting and you have to put your hearing protection on before making the shot, I've only ever used a flash hider for crown protection on a barrel already threaded, and if your planning to suppress, you probably wouldn't have to ask the question. Even with a timed brake/flash hider/suppressor, you will notice slight POI shift when you remove to clean. Some brakes arnt as bad as others, but I've found in my experience, when looking for that very fine razors edge accuracy/consistentcy, it's hard to beat a good ol target crown.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel, crown or thread? - by 65Whelen - 02-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by Beerswimmer - 02-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by Jakal - 02-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by LRRPF52 - 02-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by cory - 02-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by ricsmall - 02-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by 65Whelen - 02-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by rocksoldier1 - 02-12-2016, 02:57 AM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by Kilco - 02-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Barrel, crown or thread? - by Klem - 02-23-2016, 12:16 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)