02-03-2016, 05:00 AM
I use to help the Quality Assurance Department of an aerospace company by preparing visual aids similar to that as well as lessons and tests for their personnel. That is great stuff. I was able to sit in am classes when I wanted to. One of lessons was to teach us to be consistent in our operation of various measuring devises such as calipers. One of the tests was to measure an assortment of shims marked with alphabetical characters and to list the readings we got. One of the perks of my job was to get a set of "Standard units" they used to test instruments. In it was a precision gauge that was 1"x.50"x.25" (accurate to +/-.0001) and a OIML Class E2 stainless steel 10 milligram calibration weight ( has an accuracy of +/- 0.008 milligrams (0.000008 grams) both in airtight containers and to be handled only when wearing gloves. Nice to have and damned glad that I didn't have to pay for them.
In case you haven't already figured out from this and my other posts on this forum I AM ANAL and I have a teeshirt that says that the front with */-.0000005 below those words.
In case you haven't already figured out from this and my other posts on this forum I AM ANAL and I have a teeshirt that says that the front with */-.0000005 below those words.

