Howa mini-action in grendel to be released in mid-2016
Drift Wrote:I, when ordering a barrel usually order a heavy sporter fluted barrel. That usually give me an accurate barrel light enough for hunting. What I want to know is 2 things. How thin/light of a barrel can I go with and still keep the first 4 round under an inch at 100 yards-from a cold barrel? And (2) how thin can I get the barrel and still have it aftermarket threaded to put a suppressor on it? . Thanks

personally, i wouldnt thread anything but the #6 heavy barrel.
the heavy barrel version of this is still plenty light. rifle only still hovers in the 6lb range.
with the 6.5 grendel rifles using hornady 123gr ssts, all three barrel profiles kept groups under one inch from cold bore with three shot groups. using a factory barreled action and factory hunting ammo id say thats pretty darn good. just remember, any barrel modifications void the factory Howa warranty.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Howa mini-action in grendel to be released in mid-2016 - by Matt @ LSI - 01-26-2016, 04:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)