Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Build - First Grendel
#1
I am looking to complete my first grendel build. The gun will be used for hog, yotes and deer out here in California. I am also interested in non-competitive target shooting at various yardages and would like the gun to be able to hit steel at 1k yards every once in a while. I do not reload at this time, although I have been saving brass to eventually get into it.

Im operating on a limited budget, around $1000 to complete the remainder of the rifle. I currently have a stripped Anderson lower, cmmg parts kit, and a rra nm 2 stage should be delivered soon.

I am looking into the radical firearms 20 inch complete upper. At that price point of $540, I'm just not seeing anything that's beating it price rise. A match grade barrel and ready to shoot upper is really tempting. So far I have seen good reviews. Your guys thoughts on this?

I am also getting hung up on a stock for precision shooting and hunting with the ar platform. I do not hunt with my 5.56 so a carbine adjustable is perfectly fine. I am considering the magpul prs for this build, but at 250 and a limited budget i feel I could compromise a little on the stock to put more towards a quality optic. Your thoughts on acceptable stocks for the range and hunting?

Remaining odds and ends include grip, bipod, buffer assembly, etc...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New Build - First Grendel - by Dozer - 01-14-2016, 10:58 PM
New Build - First Grendel - by Jbjayzon - 01-14-2016, 11:30 PM
New Build - First Grendel - by Eldonkey - 01-16-2016, 11:10 PM
New Build - First Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 01-16-2016, 11:19 PM
New Build - First Grendel - by kmon - 01-16-2016, 11:33 PM
New Build - First Grendel - by sneaky one - 01-18-2016, 03:45 AM
New Build - First Grendel - by Geardo - 01-23-2016, 09:37 PM
New Build - First Grendel - by MattF - 10-08-2016, 12:45 PM
New Build - First Grendel - by CrisAnderson27 - 10-09-2016, 02:40 AM
New Build - First Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 01-15-2016, 04:12 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)