Alright guys
I know there are no absolute answers for my question but here goes.
My BIL is wanting an ar that he can hunt deer with so I naturally suggested the grendel. Then he says he wants wood furniture, so i tell him it's doable. Then I start looking at free floating the wooden forearm, which has been done, but it looks like it can be iffy.
Question is this, what kind of accuracy have you guys experienced with non free float rigs in any caliber, in the ar platform of course. Also, have does anyone here have a rock river arms national match free float tube? I'm looking for measurements.Thanks for any input.
ETA: in all likelihood the furthest shot he will ever take is 200-250 yds, 9 out of 10 being 100 yds or less.
Richard
I know there are no absolute answers for my question but here goes.
My BIL is wanting an ar that he can hunt deer with so I naturally suggested the grendel. Then he says he wants wood furniture, so i tell him it's doable. Then I start looking at free floating the wooden forearm, which has been done, but it looks like it can be iffy.
Question is this, what kind of accuracy have you guys experienced with non free float rigs in any caliber, in the ar platform of course. Also, have does anyone here have a rock river arms national match free float tube? I'm looking for measurements.Thanks for any input.
ETA: in all likelihood the furthest shot he will ever take is 200-250 yds, 9 out of 10 being 100 yds or less.
Richard
Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

