Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue
#21
bwaites Wrote:Interesting. When I spoke to Ramshot I asked about that, and they told me there were differences. Admittedly that was a couple years ago, so something may have changed, but 2230 has been around a long time.

They also told me there were differences in TAC and 2520, although they do look very similar physically.

I've had temperature stability issues with 2520 that I haven't seen with TAC, but maybe that has been more circumstantial in my experience vs. a real difference.

I've wondered about the seeming "twins" for some time.

This is the first time I've seen anyone actually post that they are the same.
I emailed Johan a few weeks ago and asked if indeed they were the same. Here is his reply.

Steve,

Yes for all practical purposes it’s the same.

Therefore the same loads will apply.



Regards

Johan Loubser

Ballistician

Ramshot.Accurate Powders

Tel: 406.234.0422 email: johan@ramshot.com

WesternPowdersInc.Miles City.Montana.

COMPANY WEBSITES/PRODUCTS:

http://www.ramshot.com

http://www.accuratepowder.com

http://www.montanaxtreme.com

http://www.blackhorn209.com
Reply


Messages In This Thread
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by cornholio1 - 03-28-2011, 04:10 AM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by sloan - 03-28-2011, 10:20 AM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by rasp65 - 03-28-2011, 12:03 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by cornholio1 - 03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by bwaites - 03-28-2011, 02:40 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by pinzgauer - 03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by cornholio1 - 03-28-2011, 03:05 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by longdayjake - 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by cornholio1 - 03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by CoolBarrelBill - 03-28-2011, 11:24 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by Hoot - 03-28-2011, 11:48 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by mseric - 03-29-2011, 12:33 AM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by Hoot - 03-29-2011, 02:04 AM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by longdayjake - 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by PA_Allen - 03-29-2011, 08:59 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by longdayjake - 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by mseric - 03-29-2011, 10:24 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by bwaites - 03-29-2011, 10:51 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by StoneTower - 03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by mseric - 03-29-2011, 11:34 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by mseric - 03-29-2011, 11:38 PM
TTSX OAL - Ogive Issue - by bwaites - 03-29-2011, 11:53 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)