Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel
#12
For my first post on this forum I didn't think I would cause this much controversy. I just wanted some bullet suggestions to try for a medium skinned animal. I am not a novice hunter. I primarily hunt elk with a bow and know the animal quite well. I am familiar with their anatomy and my shooting skills. My last 5 elk in six years have been shot at 2, 6, 10, 16 and 12 yards. The last being a 6x6 at 12 yards this last september. I understand and know how to take an elk down. I am going to use the grendel but just wanted suggestions on a good bullet. I have not tested more than 2 different bullets on game with the grendel(120 grain hotcore and 107 sierra). 2 deer with each bullet. I practice regularly out to 1000yrds with my 50bmg and spend alot of time at the 500 to 600 yrd range with the grendel and 308. I am not wanting to shoot my cow elk at these ranges though. Planing on trying to keep it under 300yrds.

Bill, thanks for the suggestion. I will try the 120 grain barnes ttsx's out. Just skeptical about accuracy with them.

Mike
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by MKN574 - 10-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by bwaites - 10-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by Sniper20 - 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by warped - 10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by Sniper20 - 10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by r3dn3ck - 10-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by warped - 10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by bwaites - 10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by davidj - 10-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by bwaites - 10-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by MKN574 - 10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by bwaites - 10-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by MKN574 - 10-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by bwaites - 10-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by MKN574 - 10-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 10-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by MKN574 - 10-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by bwaites - 10-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by bwaites - 10-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 10-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by RangerRick - 10-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by Aquateen - 10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by MKN574 - 10-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by sneaky one - 10-14-2011, 02:14 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by mpstan - 10-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by RangerRick - 10-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by louieprkr - 10-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by Mav714 - 05-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by KentuckyBuddha - 05-17-2013, 04:20 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by Von Gruff - 05-17-2013, 05:01 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by KentuckyBuddha - 05-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by Variable - 05-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Cow Elk Hunt with Grendel - by KentuckyBuddha - 05-20-2013, 03:34 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)