Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel or 264 lbc
#9
the .264 LBC has a .295" neck with a differant throat (1.5 degree if I recall correctly).
The Grendel has a .300" neck with a compound throat.
Outside that NO differance at all, ask Honady as they produce brass for both and the ONLY differance in the brass is the headstamp.

which one?? I have not fired the LBC chamber to see if I like it better or not. In order to fairly evaluate would some please send me a barrel and bolt to evaluate say for a year. So I can post a fair evaluation of the two Cool

Honestly on a redo I believe I would go with the LBC/CSS chamber (actually a CSS) as the tighter neck would:
1. extend case life
2. in a personal belief (no facts supporting) would have a probablity to be more accurate

On the throat (caution this may be Kool Aid) from what I am lead to believe would be easier to load for a 1.5 degree throat versus a compound throat (may not be fact, just a personal belief, YMMV).
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Grendel or 264 lbc - by Mattg - 10-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by bwaites - 10-11-2011, 04:15 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by Nimrod - 10-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by YutYut - 10-11-2011, 04:45 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by Drifter - 10-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by Nimrod - 10-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by r3dn3ck - 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by YutYut - 10-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by sgt_murf - 10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by LRRPF52 - 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by sgt_murf - 10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by bwaites - 10-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by Bill Alexander - 10-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by sgt_murf - 10-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by Jamie45 - 10-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by LRRPF52 - 10-16-2011, 05:08 AM
Grendel or 264 lbc - by pinzgauer - 10-16-2011, 05:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)