11-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Rickyi Wrote:These two books, Volume 1 & 2 are the most "Info" filled books I have ever read... every Grendel shooter should have the set to read & go by! Thanks guys for making this possibly for us!
Ricky
Thank you for your kind words. This has been a collective effort and ongoing project that started here on the forum years ago, and we are happy to be able to put something together that people can find useful.
I saw some survey data from several different studies that said most people in the US only read about 1 book per year, while the average CEO reads at least 5 books a month.
One thing you'll notice about these handbooks is that they are not just raw load data, but start off with several different chapters on pertinent information regarding:
The AR15, its gas system, barrel lengths, setting the gun up for your particular purposes, and nuances with different components that one should be mindful of.
They also discuss the details of hunting reach, how barrel length and handling may be more important than looking just at velocity, and how to balance realistic accuracy expectations against this backdrop.
When we put Volume I together back in 2012, I figured I was done looking at the material at that point, as I had poured over it from a contribution/writing/editing perspective for over a year. What really struck me is how wrong I was, and I found myself referencing it almost daily since that time.
Most of the material in them is useful for the shooter who doesn't even reload, which is what really sets these apart from all the other handbooks I have in my library. I'm glad that you all find them helpful.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
