Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Build update
#5
The receiver has been squared... the process just confirmed it was square to start with. Glad I did it anyway as it won't be something to think a later had that step been skipped. Will report on torque values after instillation.

I did read Robert Whitley's article, excellent. Luckily I came across the article before discovering the gas block didn't get ordered. So, I was able to get a clamp on style rather than a set screw style block that I used in the past. Although, never expected two small screws would be able to distort the bore- I'd have expected a set screw to strip out long before doing anything that could degrade accuracy.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-23-2015, 02:02 AM
Build update - by LRRPF52 - 10-23-2015, 04:58 AM
Build update - by Steamburn - 10-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Build update - by LRRPF52 - 10-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-24-2015, 12:33 AM
Build update - by jim_bob - 10-24-2015, 02:01 AM
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Build update - by 37L1 - 10-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-25-2015, 01:36 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)