10-08-2011, 03:30 AM
warped Wrote:One thing that will be a problem is that if it is not bedded with blue locktite at the gas block and bbl extension it will tend to oscillate and therefore throw the POI all over.
never did the Locktite bedding method.
LR and Warped I think you guys are all over it.
Break apart apply Loctite (I failed to do this) on BBL Extentension and on the gas Block (JP adjustable Low Profile). Fire rapids Like LR advised and if no improvement Vise her and fire in a control enviroment even bad ammo will show a improvement. So I will attempt these and reshoot , While the barrel is out I'm thinking about a Recrown --- Counterbored 11 degree or straight 11 degree. Thoughts? (remember as shipped this is threaded from AA for a 9/16x24 which currently has a FN FAL Flash Suppressor attached)
LRRPF52 thank you as I did consider this one if the others don't pan out might have to address this one.
P.S. Warped I also thought of Borescoping but suspected the Leade and throat if the issue is not crown, gas port, and bedding the Extentsion and Block.
Like I said earlier it could be me the loose nut behind the wheel. Shaw does not produce bad barrels and AA is great to work with I never addressed this with them. So neither of these two firms are at fault here if it is a bad barrel. Another thought is that AA uses a "compound" throat could be my skills at handloading for this as most other rifle that I loaded for have short or a Long throat with a degree vs a compound throat.
The Fix maybe here:
http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/525218/...64-lbc--ar
cut 0.250 -.400 off chamber and another .250-.400" off muzzle and new extentsion and rechamber and recrown after the vise firing shows the fault to be barrel. if she checks good then find the issue.
