Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Build update
#1
Received my barrel (18in BHW by PF), it cleanly machined, finished, and overall looks great. Test fit to the Aero upper on deck for this rifle. Cleaned the upper and the barrel - not the supper tight fit I had hoped for... Not loose, but able to line it up and slide the barrel home with minimal effort. I considered shopping for another upper in hopes of getting a tighter barrel / upper fit. But, after some consideration decided to go with the Areo I have on hand.
Planned to bed the barrel to the upper all along. Previously builds it seemed little of the locktite could have remained in place, on this one some will likely remain in place to do the job it is intended to do.
On the up side, feed ramps lined up well and there is a smooth transition.
Waiting on the gas block, so I have plenty of time to go through the parts I have prep everything for assembly.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-23-2015, 02:02 AM
Build update - by LRRPF52 - 10-23-2015, 04:58 AM
Build update - by Steamburn - 10-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Build update - by LRRPF52 - 10-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-24-2015, 12:33 AM
Build update - by jim_bob - 10-24-2015, 02:01 AM
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Build update - by 37L1 - 10-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Build update - by Bill257 - 10-25-2015, 01:36 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)