Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Chamber Throat Questions
#2
I would use a Manson true SAAMI 6.5 Grendel reamer to take the chamber to the correct specs if you felt the barrel was worth salvaging. Is it concentric and square? What type of steel is being used at those price points?

I just saw this barrel company's name come up recently, so I am unfamiliar with them. By the time you have invested in the tooling and labor, you're into the price of a barrel from a known vendor with a solid reputation.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Chamber Throat Questions - by archistrong - 10-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Chamber Throat Questions - by LRRPF52 - 10-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Chamber Throat Questions - by archistrong - 10-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Chamber Throat Questions - by LRRPF52 - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
Chamber Throat Questions - by archistrong - 10-20-2015, 07:21 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)