10-05-2011, 08:00 PM
I think the Razor HD is meant for larger caliber, long-range rifles, since it has tank-like construction with the 35mm tube, heavy duty target knobs and gears, and tons of elevation travel...more so than most of the other high-end scopes out there right now. It would look and feel out of place on an AR15 receiver set, but you definitely wouldn't need an MOA cant mount with it for 1000yds.
I recently put a Razor HD 5-20x50 up next to a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 indoors. They were very comparable in glass clarity, with an ever-so-slight edge to the NF, but I was indoors like I said. The things I like about the Vortex Viper PST's and Razor HD's is that the turrets and knobs use the same measurement system...MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA. This should have been done all along, but we've seen MilDot reticles with 1/4 MOA clicks for years and years for some crazy reason. The zero-stop on the Razor HD is one of the best ones out there, if not the best. It stops dead on your zero when you set it, versus going past it some like all the others.
I'll be getting a Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP here soon. You simply can't beat the price for the features that you get.
I recently put a Razor HD 5-20x50 up next to a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 indoors. They were very comparable in glass clarity, with an ever-so-slight edge to the NF, but I was indoors like I said. The things I like about the Vortex Viper PST's and Razor HD's is that the turrets and knobs use the same measurement system...MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA. This should have been done all along, but we've seen MilDot reticles with 1/4 MOA clicks for years and years for some crazy reason. The zero-stop on the Razor HD is one of the best ones out there, if not the best. It stops dead on your zero when you set it, versus going past it some like all the others.
I'll be getting a Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP here soon. You simply can't beat the price for the features that you get.
