Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking to do a grendel build
#4
I have the 16" J & T heavy Chrome Moley barrel which shoots really good for a non free float rack grade barrel. My 16" barrel has a carbine gas system and came with a Phantom Flash Hider. I have had no issues with the carbine gas sysyem other than some lighter charges of CFE 223 (30 grains) and 123 grain Nosler CC which short cycled. I guess the slower burning powder didn't produce the needed pressure quick enough with the carbine gas system.

Alexander Arms only sells midlength gas system with 16" barrels after extensive testing. I bought my J & T upper complete which came with an A-2 front sight tower. If I were buying now with availability of the Wolf steel case ammo I'd probably buy a Chrome lined or Melonite/PQP barrel. I still may jump in on the Faxon barrel deal but the J&T barrel would be very tempting after seeing how mine shoots. My barrel will shoot Hornady A-Max to MOA out passed 600 yards and my hand loads usually run 1-2 MOA.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Looking to do a grendel build - by gpsman007 - 09-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Looking to do a grendel build - by usar_ds - 09-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Looking to do a grendel build - by am4966 - 09-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Looking to do a grendel build - by VASCAR2 - 09-05-2015, 02:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)