08-28-2015, 12:22 AM
Best overall barrel length is a personal choice dictated by how your going to use your 6.5 Grendel. The 6.5 Grendel uses moderate pressure with high BC bullets and typically looses 25-27 FPS per inch when dropping from 20" barrels. Going longer than 20" adds 25 FPS or less velocity per inch and 24" or longer 6.5 Grendels are not uncommon.
For a versatile do everything 6.5 Grendel personally I would choose 18"-20". For strickly a hunting rifle I'd consider 14.5" to 20" depending on the distance your going to shoot and weight your willing to pack around.
For strickly a target and bench gun I would consider 20" to 24" but others prefer even longer barrels.
For a versatile do everything 6.5 Grendel personally I would choose 18"-20". For strickly a hunting rifle I'd consider 14.5" to 20" depending on the distance your going to shoot and weight your willing to pack around.
For strickly a target and bench gun I would consider 20" to 24" but others prefer even longer barrels.

