Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tubbs or JP silent spring
#3
Im using the tungsten weight in my SBR with pistol gas system. I went ahead and got the spring kit also, the setup comes from JP with the 2nd weakest spring installed. Im using the 2nd strongest spring (I went up from #2 to #4), also using an adjustable gas block. I also use this lower and setup with a 8" blkout. But I also feel the spring that comes installed on the SCS is weak. I also think that the way it is set up kinda causes this, its made to work very smoothly, less friction in the tube. This means a few things, one is the spring isn't contacting the tube reducing friction and sound, and the rod the spring and buffer rides is oiled which reduces friction. This gives less resistance with the spring tension. So you really need a stronger spring to slow down the reciprocating mass. I must say though that with an adjustable block and the SCS it all works very well and is very smooth. So far for me its been worth the money and time for both my grendel and blkout.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Tubbs or JP silent spring - by southern180 - 06-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Tubbs or JP silent spring - by am4966 - 06-05-2015, 04:32 AM
Tubbs or JP silent spring - by lead chucker - 06-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Tubbs or JP silent spring - by jim_bob - 06-06-2015, 03:01 AM
Tubbs or JP silent spring - by southern180 - 06-06-2015, 10:17 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)