09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
If you guys reload, and you are looking for cheaper brass, go with converting the 7.62x39 brass to Grendel. I plan on doing it, but have not gotten there yet. I'm not sure if anyone has done it, but if you have, can you give some input on it? I was going to get some, but the only brass I could find (with the company I was going to put my order through) was Lapua, and it was just as expensive to get 7.62x39 as it was Hornady Grendel... So I will wait to get some cheaper stuff to try it out and see if I can save some pennies on brass. I was told that the biggest thing is to get a neck trimmer to make sure you don't have it too thick... So I can leave some notes on what I find out when I do it, or someone else can give us an opinion on that.
