06-04-2015, 10:56 PM
https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=01636...cu1o&hl=en
There was a forum member recently who had one that had a short chamber, as in the shoulder was short.
I bought well over $1000 in barrels and parts from him a few years ago. The owner of AR Performance has been banned from this forum at least 3 times now, coming back with retread accounts like he did on AR15.com, where he has also been banned at least 3 times, first for publishing customer information online to "punish" the customer because he had some problems with a 7.62x39 bolt IIRC. He posted the guy's name and address, and had a thing on his webstore stating to the effect that..
"Due to John Doe, at 12345 Elm Street, Hometwon USA, I will no longer be selling 7.62x39 bolts individually."
It was really weird. He tried to come back onto AR15.com by going around one of the mods by purchasing a dealer account, and that was banned as well the second time. He then created a re-tread account and lurked with it for the most part, trying to promote 6.8 in the technical forums, then got caught and banned again.
He literally sent me a threatening PM out of the blue here on this forum before being banned for openly stating that he only comes here to "smear buggers".
After that, I went to sell one of the ARP barrels I had remaining because quite frankly, I didn't want to have anything to do with his products anymore. I went to polish the feed ramps on it, and lo and behold, the feed ramps cracked like glass. This was using a rubber Cratex bit.
![[Image: 2014-11-07114851_zpse6532b1e.jpg]](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/2014-11-07114851_zpse6532b1e.jpg)
![[Image: 2014-11-07114710_zps773c7a62.jpg]](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/2014-11-07114710_zps773c7a62.jpg)
I couldn't in good conscience try to sell that barrel after that, so I tried to make due with it and see how much farther I could polish out those chipped feed lips, and was able to do so.
After talking with a company that AR Performance recommended calling to ask about meloniting, I came to the conclusion that the sharp edges of the feed ramps had through-hardened, as the metal treatment of the case-hardened barrel extension had not been done with the anticipation of ever being salt bath nitrided. The feed ramps were brittle like obsidian.
The 6.8 guys thinks he walks on water though. I wish I had known more about his personality traits before ever doing business with him. I still don't know why he sent me the threatening PM. It literally came out of nowhere.
You'll also find an anti-6.5 Grendel shrine on his website. He's his own worst enemy in the marketing department. I don't know why an owner of a company in this business would spend so much time with the personal attacks, to be honest. It just doesn't make any sense.
There was a forum member recently who had one that had a short chamber, as in the shoulder was short.
I bought well over $1000 in barrels and parts from him a few years ago. The owner of AR Performance has been banned from this forum at least 3 times now, coming back with retread accounts like he did on AR15.com, where he has also been banned at least 3 times, first for publishing customer information online to "punish" the customer because he had some problems with a 7.62x39 bolt IIRC. He posted the guy's name and address, and had a thing on his webstore stating to the effect that..
"Due to John Doe, at 12345 Elm Street, Hometwon USA, I will no longer be selling 7.62x39 bolts individually."
It was really weird. He tried to come back onto AR15.com by going around one of the mods by purchasing a dealer account, and that was banned as well the second time. He then created a re-tread account and lurked with it for the most part, trying to promote 6.8 in the technical forums, then got caught and banned again.
He literally sent me a threatening PM out of the blue here on this forum before being banned for openly stating that he only comes here to "smear buggers".
After that, I went to sell one of the ARP barrels I had remaining because quite frankly, I didn't want to have anything to do with his products anymore. I went to polish the feed ramps on it, and lo and behold, the feed ramps cracked like glass. This was using a rubber Cratex bit.
![[Image: 2014-11-07114851_zpse6532b1e.jpg]](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/2014-11-07114851_zpse6532b1e.jpg)
![[Image: 2014-11-07114710_zps773c7a62.jpg]](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/2014-11-07114710_zps773c7a62.jpg)
I couldn't in good conscience try to sell that barrel after that, so I tried to make due with it and see how much farther I could polish out those chipped feed lips, and was able to do so.
After talking with a company that AR Performance recommended calling to ask about meloniting, I came to the conclusion that the sharp edges of the feed ramps had through-hardened, as the metal treatment of the case-hardened barrel extension had not been done with the anticipation of ever being salt bath nitrided. The feed ramps were brittle like obsidian.
The 6.8 guys thinks he walks on water though. I wish I had known more about his personality traits before ever doing business with him. I still don't know why he sent me the threatening PM. It literally came out of nowhere.
You'll also find an anti-6.5 Grendel shrine on his website. He's his own worst enemy in the marketing department. I don't know why an owner of a company in this business would spend so much time with the personal attacks, to be honest. It just doesn't make any sense.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
