05-29-2015, 04:57 PM
JASmith Wrote:Now that I've done the 'invention description' I seem to recall having seen a scalloped bore before but don't remember where!
Yeah, I was just gonna say I've also seen that kind of rifling.
I was reading last night on some archived Sniper Country thread or some such and Frank Green of Bartlein Barrels commented that he'd seen every possible number of lands and grooves and rifling profiles and none of it really made any difference — maybe gained 25 fps with 5R rifling, well within the "noise value" — relative to a barrel simply manufactured to consistent tolerances end-to-end.
I'm still stumbling toward an answer to what decreasing the rifling bore-area aspect ratio by 75%, as described in my opening post, gives us in terms of velocity gains — or loss!
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
